Friday, January 3, 2014

Our God provides!

What a cool story I have for you all! One of my friends, a fellow missionary here, just messaged me and said her aunt gave her a check earlier in the day for typhoon relief efforts. She was so touched by the gesture, but even more so by how her aunt received the check. Her aunt and uncle had been given the check as a tithe a small church they had visited took up randomly for them. They received it graciously, but her uncle said, "actually, you know who needs this more than us...?" And he proceeded to share with the church about his niece (my friend) who lived in the Philippines, about typhoon Yolanda and the disaster that ensued. So it was decided the check would be given to my friend who would use the check to provide relief efforts to those in Tacloban, and my friend decided to put it towards Project Yolanda!

"And it turns out, before my aunt and uncle got there, the church had been praying about how they could give toward Philippine relief, but just didn't know how/where to give.. When suddenly my aunt and uncle visit the church and all of the above happened! And then I told them the amount they gave is about the amount needed to build a house for one family!"

So very awesome! What a blessing! Don't ever underestimate the power of our God!

1 comment: